Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hike from Blue Sky Reserve to Lake Ramona 08/14/2010

I left for Blue Sky Ecological REserver at about 4:30 pm. The 5 mile round trip from Blue Sky Ecological Reserve parking lot to the top of Lake Ramona Reservoir and back involves an elevation gain/descent of 800 ft. It was my first hike after the ACL/meniscus tear surgery. 8 months post surgery the knee still feels a bit weak in terms of weight bearing. The giving away feeling is less prevalent but it it painful when weight is put on it on the upward climb or on a descent. That is also evident while squatting. The muscles are not building up as is seen in terms of the right thigh being about two inches smaller in circumference compared to the left one.

I made it back in little over and hour but it left me tired overnight as this was my first hike in about a year.

No comments: